Vinyl backdrops are good for photography, table cloths, and banner display purposes. The material used in making vinyl backdrops is strong and able to withstand harsh weather conditions for outdoor banner advertising. This quality makes last long. To add on, you can get quality printing on vinyl material as it produces good colors that are very attractive- especially for tradeshow banner advertising. However, if not stored well, it is normal for Vinyl materials to get creases.
Removing creases from a vinyl backdrop is relatively simple.
How to Get Rid of Creases
(A gorgeous vinyl backdrop example for a TikTok party)
Here are steps involved in getting rid of creases on a vinyl backdrop:
- Step 1: Take out the vinyl backdrop from where its packaged or kept, take it outside, put it down to catch the heat from the sun
- Step 2: Put some little water on a soft cloth and wipe the vinyl with it to remove dust and dirt
- Step 3: Take another soft cloth that you will use to dry the vinyl, this will help remove the creases and clean the material.
- Step 4: Keep the backdrop under the sun till the creases disappear. It will take approximately a maximum of two days for the creases to disappear.
How to Get Rid of Creases on a Vinyl Backdrop Using a Hair Dryer or Iron
If you really need to use the vinyl backdrop urgently and the weather is not conducive, you can use a hairdryer or iron. This method is not recommended because vinyl is very sensitive and can get burnt easily if exposed to a lot of heat, so you need to be careful when using this method. To get rid of creases using a hairdryer or iron, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Make sure that the heat is far from the vinyl material
- Step 2: If you are using a hairdryer or iron, make sure that the heat is on “low”, then put a slightly wet cloth on top of the vinyl backdrop to avoid heat coming into direct contact with the vinyl
- Step 3: Place the iron or the hair dryer facing the non-printed side because if the heat comes into contact with the printed side, the graphics might be destroyed. This method needs extra care.
In conclusion, It is very important to note that the hairdryer or iron method is just a second option and should not be taken as a primary option. Hence it should only be used after the first method has failed or when you need to use your material urgently. Also, if you have already tried both of the methods and the creases are still persistent, replace the vinyl backdrop with another one. Old vinyl banner backdrops have a tendency of creasing after they have been used for a long time